Narration Playlist: news23 月・火、Nスタ 木・金 (4:05 News Dig - 4:42きょうのイチメン)

2015-11-04

Blythe Baird - “Skirt Steak Girls”

Skirt Steak Girls 厚裙牛排女孩
中譯 by Bone
The only girl in a handful of backseat boys, 
身為後座男孩們簇擁下的唯一女孩
I sit shotgun without calling it. 
前座無疑專屬於
The song pounding through the radio says Bitch every Bitch other Bitch word. 
音響震耳流瀉的歌曲 每句都夾雜了幾個婊子

One boy assures me I am not like other girls. 
一個男孩向我保證我是例外
Out of habit, I thank him for the compliment. 
出於習慣 我謝謝他的稱讚

I listen to them speak of women like menus; 
我聽他們像討論菜單般談論女人
medium-rare 
五分熟
lace skirt 
蕾絲裙
trimmed steak. 
精瘦的牛排

I cross my legs and neatly fold my voice into a Tiffany’s box. 
我內斂的翹起腳 並小心翼翼的將聲音摺好收進蒂凡尼藍的盒中

This is the part where I prove that I am chill. 
這是我證明自己很隨興的機會
I can hang, guys. Who says feminists are a buzzkill? 
大夥們 我開得起玩笑喔 誰說女性主義者都很掃興

As we turn the corner, there is a gaggle of young women. 
當我們拐過轉角 看見了一群吱喳談笑的女孩
The driver of the car I am in leans out the window and spits 
我們的駕駛探出窗外 吐了句
How much? 
幹一次多少?

Eyes wide as dinner plates, they scurry away like shot pool balls, 
驚恐的雙眼睜大如餐盤 她們像一杆打散的撞球倉皇亂竄
as I have done so many times. 
我自己也曾經歷過無數次

The whole van hoots, fist-bumps, hollers. 
整車充斥興奮吼叫 相互擊拳喧鬧
There are not enough seats for both a woman and the joke to fit comfortably in the car. 
車內沒有讓女人與笑話安穩共存空間

I keep my rant about feminism and rape culture 
我默默將女權主義和對強姦文化的不滿
as a ponytail holder around my wrist. 
像髮圈一樣掛在手腕

In a fish tank of predators, I wonder if I, too, am a predator 
by association. 
混在一缸子掠食者中 我納悶 自己是否也是間接幫兇

When I get the courage to say something, 
當我終於鼓起勇氣說點什麼
I am two weeks late and encouraged by Bacardi and the party. 
已是兩星期後 而且還是透過烈酒和派對的鼓勵

I start off by assuring him that he is a Good Person, 
一開場我先向他保證他是個好人
which is why I’m telling him this in the first place. 
這正是我之所以要告訴他的原因

I have to make this all somehow relate back to him. 
不知為何 我必須把一切講得都跟他有關
I have to bring up his mother, his sister, his girlfriend- 
我必須提到他的媽媽 他的姊妹 他的女友

It is the dilemma of the woman who wishes to inform the sexist, politely. 
這是想告知性別歧視者的女人的困境 必須客氣的字斟句酌
It is the dilemma of the woman who wishes to be heard-
這是希望被傾聽的女人的進退維谷

Let us give you this reality check 
讓我們告訴你真實的狀況
with a spoonful of sugar. 
但得先以滿滿的糖衣包裝

Let us make this easier for you to hear 
柔聲把現實說得使你容易入耳
than it is (for us) to live.
雖然活在其中的我們並沒這種待遇

                – Blythe Baird