Narration Playlist: news23 月・火、Nスタ 木・金* (405ND_430W*_442イチメン_520三コマ*)

2014-03-30

“The End Of The World” & “Downtown”

沒任何原因, 忽然想起我最喜歡的電影之一"Girl, Interrupted"裡, 這兩首極端對立的插曲
The 1st song was so suicidal (my perceptions are largely influenced by the film), juvenile, self-centered, but true; and the 2nd song was so hopelessly optimistic and uplifting, even though I don't actually like downtown, I like the song. both of them.

Skeeter Davis - "The End Of The World"
中譯 by Bone
Why does the sun goes on shining?
太陽為何繼續閃耀?
Why does the sea rush to shore?
海浪為何潮汐潮湧?
Don't they know it's the end of the world
他們不懂嗎? 都世界末日了
Cause you don't love me anymore
只因你已不愛我

Why do the birds go on singing?
鳥兒為何持續歌唱?
Why do the stars glow above?
星兒為何持續閃爍?
Don't they know it's the end of the world
他們不懂嗎? 當我失去你的愛時
It ended when I lost your love
世界便已然完結

I wake up in the morning and I wonder
一早醒來我便納悶
Why everything's the same as it was
世事為何依舊如昔
I can't understand, no I can't understand
我不懂 不 我真的不懂
How life goes on the way it does
生命怎能就這樣繼續

Why does my heart go on beating?
我的心為何仍舊跳動?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
我的眼又為何淚流?
Don't they know it's the end of the world
他們不懂嗎? 當你向我告別時
It ended when you said goodbye
就是世界末日了



Petula Clark - "Downtown"
中譯 by Bone
When you're alone, and life is making you lonely
當你孓然一身 而生活使你感到孤獨
You can always go downtown
你永遠都能去到 市區
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
當喧囂與繁忙只是雪上加霜
Seems to help, I know - downtown
使你平添憂慮 我懂 何不去市區
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
只要聽著都市交通交織而成的樂音
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
徘徊於閃爍著漂亮霓虹招牌的街道
How can you lose?
你不會有損失的

The lights are much brighter there
那兒的燈光總是特別亮
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
你可以忘掉煩惱 無憂無慮
So go downtown; things'll be great when you're
來去市區吧 一切都顯得美好 當你在
Downtown; no finer place for sure
市區 沒別的地方能比這棒
Downtown everything's waiting for you
在市區 有很多機會等著你

Don't hang around and let your problems surround you
別待著讓問題纏上你
There are movie shows downtown
市區正上映著電影呢
Maybe you know some little places to go to
也許你知道某些永不打烊的小店
Where they never close, downtown
就座落於 市區
Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
只要聽著巴沙諾瓦輕柔的韻律
You'll be dancing with him too before the night is over
今晚結束前你必定也能找到舞伴
Happy again
高興點吧

The lights are much brighter there
那兒的燈光總是特別亮
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
你可以忘掉煩惱 無憂無慮
So go downtown, where all the lights are bright
來去市區吧 那裡光亮無比
Downtown - waiting for you tonight
市區 今夜等著你
Downtown - you're gonna be all right now
在市區 放心一切都會好好的

And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
也許你會遇見親切又理解你的人
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand
某些像你 又需要一雙溫柔的手幫忙引導
To guide them along
指點迷惑的人

So maybe I'll see you there
所以 也許咱們那兒見
We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares
我們可以忘掉煩惱 無憂無慮
So go downtown; things'll be great when you're
來去市區吧 一切都顯得美好 當你在
Downtown; don't wait a minute for
市區 別再遲疑了 來去
Downtown; everything's waiting for you
市區 有很多機會等著你呢